Casino Land-Based Wynn harassment suit dismissed for anonymity request July 20, 2020 By Owain Flanders A federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit filed against former Wynn Resorts chairman and CEO Steve Wynn because the accusers requested anonymity. The lawsuit was filed by nine women consisting of manicurists and makeup artists formerly employed by Wynn Las Vegas who alleged they were sexually harassed by Steve Wynn. The women were suing Wynn Las Vegas and Wynn Resorts. The lawsuit alleged the companies knew of Steve Wynn’s misconduct and did not do enough to prevent the abuse. The women wished to remain anonymous in the proceedings, but the judge argued that they had not legally justified the need to stay anonymous. In defence of their request for anonymity, the women said they chose to file anonymously out of fear of legal retaliation by Wynn, sensitive details being made public and being ostracized in their workplace. Wynn resigned as chairman and CEO of Wynn Resorts in February 2018. In October last year, a hairstylist formerly employed by Wynn Resorts filed a seperate lawsuit against the company, accusing Wynn executives of sending an undercover spy to his salon. According to the plaintiff for the case Jorgen Nielsen “everybody was petrified” of Wynn’s behaviour but “nobody was there to help us.” Earlier last year, the Massachusetts Gaming Commission ordered Wynn Resorts to pay a $35m fine after several claims of misconduct and sexual harassment were made. A 2019 statement from Wynn Resorts said it is committed to a fair, supporting and open work environment, the Las Vegas Review-Journal reported.